Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend: Recap

Oh how the long weekend just seemed to come and go too quickly!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend and if you're in the CT area took advantage of the gorgeous weather we are finally having!!!!


Friday night as planned, we headed down to a restuarant close to work to hang with some of my coworkers. Of course half of them didnt show (I hate when pple say they will show and dont...if you dont want to come just say so!) this really cool salsa band started to play around 10p so hubbs and I stuck around just for a little while after that. We were def. a little intimidated by the dance, lets just two left feet!!!


Saturday I had a seriously early hair appt. I was thisssss close to cancelling and rescheduling but I didn't. I signed in sat down and the next thing I know one of the receptionists call me back up, my aunt freaking called the salon on Friday and PAID for my services PLUS paid for a mani/pedi!! This was her "congrats I am so proud of the new job" gift. Holy crap. My hair appts are not cheap and being it was so early (830a) I almost thought it was a joke. I am so grateful to have such an awesome family, I dont think I could thank her enough!


On my way home, of course I called her. And guess what?? I got pulled over for being on the phone!!!! The cop, was super nice which is surprising but at least all I have to do is send in a reciept for a handsfree and that will be the end of it.


After that, I got home and guess who's sick? Hubbs. It took just about a week for him to catch my nasty stomach bug minus the yacking. He ended up having a fever of a 102.7 and I went into full wife mode and became a constant worrier. Every hour after he took the aspirin I checked his temp, woke him up because I worry. He literally slept from 2p-10a the next day.


Although hubbs was sick, my friends birthday celebration was that night, so I did go out for a little while. All I thought about was my poor love sick and I did enjoy myself but it would have been more fun if he was there.


Sunday we layed low around the house, again Hubbs slept for the majority of the day.


Today we headed up to hang with my aunt and did some shopping, I'm thinking Hubbs is starting to feel somewhat better since he just cracked open a Sam Adams.



...So one week from tomorrow will be my last day at work. Crazy. I have a feeling this week is going to fly by. And in a way I want it to, but I also want to enjoy my last week as much as I can. But I am def looking forward to some time off and going on my new journey! I'll leave you all with some pictures!




Some of my work ladies and I:


Hubbs and I jokin around in the vault (it's part of the restuarant!):


Alice knows her daddy is sick awww:


Some of the girls and I out in New Haven for C's bday:


One picture from the housewarming:


Bestie and Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment