Did you ever notice that when the weather starts to get nice, the weekends seem to be so busy?? Okay so yeah this is the first 50 degree weekend we've had but it was a busy but awesome one!
Friday night DH and I went to Mohegan for the Jay Z concert. Oh yea HUGE Jay fans! I've been dying to go to a concert for years and finally was able to get tickets. GREAT seats! So Trey Songz opened and we're both not fans but whatever. DH looked like he was about to fall asleep. So Jay FINALLY came on around 9:15p and I went NUTS!!! I was a little annoyed because he played a ton of new stuff BUT then at the "Encore" he did this awesome montage of his old stuff (going back to Reasonable Doubt, you'll know if you are a Hard Core fan!) and I lost it!! My vocal chords hated me for the rest of the night. Anyways, the concert didnt end until after 11:30! Amazing!!!! DH and I didnt stay at the casino because yeah they wanted $500 for one night, no thanks! So we ended up getting home around 1am. Totally worth it!
My BFF has shoulder surgery last Monday and she also has three children under the age of Four. With her hubs working it could get a little out of control, so she asked us if we would take her daughter, Molly for the weekend. Of course I said yes! This was another perfect opportunity for DH and I to get the expirence, since baby making is still happening. Molly is two but a good two. Acutally and amazing two.
So we picked her up around 3p, and headed for the car wash. She was a little unsure about it, its so fun to watch children and their expressions to new things. Atfer the car wash, we had dinner at Friendlys. Who doesnt love Friendly's? We headed home after and hung out, we had a little issue at bedtime but like BFF said, I fell for the crying act. Eventually all was good and Mol slept thru the night. Sunday morning we made some pancakes and headed to the park down the street. Let me tell you, she has no fear! She had DH help her in the beginning but after a few tries she did it by herself. After the park we headed home, had some lunch, Molly took a nap and before we knew it, it was time for her to go home.
Molly left around 4p and around 5p, the In Laws came over for dinner. So in between entertaining Molly, and cleaning the house, I now had to cook dinner. Dinner went well it was nice to have them over and be able to cook for them for a change.
The highlight of all of this was that BFF sent me a BBM that Molly said , "I am a good Mommy" which made my heart melt!!!! So when I told DH this in a seriouness he turned to me and said, "You are going to be a great mom"...heart melts again!
Speaking of moms and babies...AF came today. Not really shocked, but the beginning of this week my boobs were killing me, and DH thought it was funny to "pretend" to touch them. Not so much. I dont get sore boobs as a AF sign so I was HOPING this was a sign in the other direction. NOPE. But in a way I am happy that I will be able to let loose a little next month when we go to Jax to see the fam. Remember, no baby makin this month!!! So hopefully when we return from Florida it will be our time!
Anyways, I'm all blogged out...here's some pictures from the weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment