Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A little late....

I'm such a bad blogger...I never posted a plug yesterday! Okay, okay..in my defense it was a VERY busy day, busy at work, busy after work. Busy at work is a wonderful thing! Busy after work because my bestie, her hubbs, and her three adoreable kids came over for dinner. It was a little hectic since it was right after work, it was Monday, and the kids were having wayyyy too much fun! I wish I could go back and be that young again! Needless to say, it was so nice to be able to get together since it's tough for us to make time. Hopefully that will all change once the weather starts to get nicer and we can make it a regular thing!


Weekend - what can I say? I was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Friday night we went for a walk down to the beach. We live about five minutes away and it was such a nice night for it! Saturday we took advantage of the weather and went out and found wicker furniture for the breezeway. So we came home and put it all together cleaned up the breezeway and now it looks awesome!!! We just need to get in and decorate the walls and such but no rush!


So after we put everything together, our good friend C came over to hang out. She came armed with some beer so taking advantage of the awesome weather we hung out in the breezeway. Lets just say the beer was going down like water and we ended up making a trip out for some pizza MORE beer and then some Rum.


So in conclusion: we drank 30 beers, C has video of me thrashing out to rap music, somehow the rum bottle was being passed around between the three of us, hubbs and C ended up playing quarters, hubbs taught C all about 50 cent, and now Vegas is a planned trip for June.....


And no one really remembers how they got to bed. Overall a successful Saturday night!


I do have pictures of the evening, but I have yet to post them. That will come in another blog down the road. Here's a picture of the wicker set. We bought a rocking chair which is closest to the wall, two regular chairs (one is not pictured its on the other wall), and the center table which actually opens so we can store things in it. In the before picture, you will see this ugly green shade thing hanging, well that is in the trash. And the window sills were so filfty so we cleaned them off.

Before:



After:




Eventually I will post pictures of the before and after since we have done ALOT to it. I am so proud of all our hard work turning it into OUR house. I will also blog about our to do list as well. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow!


REAL QUICK! Shameless Plug - BIG LOTS!!!! Why Big Lots? Well that's where we got our wicker set from and they have a ton of cool stuff! We also picked up this cool hanger thing for the wall for our keys once we paint the kitchen! I will definitely go back to Big Lots for little things that I know we will need.


That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment