Thursday, February 11, 2010

BFN = Bye Bye October Baby

Okay so wishful thinking, but I really thought I was going to be one of those lucky women that come off the pill and get pregnant. Not so much. Last week I had crazy symptoms, cramping, extremely tired, moody etc and normally with AF I feel nothing leading up to her debut. But what even made DH think I was PG was my meltdown Friday night over the Tuna Cakes I unsuccessfully made. I don't want to get into the dirty details, but lets just say I ended up not eating dinner and in bed by 8:30pm, with DH sleeping on the couch. Not my proudest moment, but hey things happen.

So Sunday night I had some spotting, and this twinge of disappointment came over me that AF would be here Monday morning. Well Monday came and NOTHING, so my hopes were still up that maybe it was IB. After consulting with my BF I decided after work I would go to CVS and buy a test. Now, this was my first time ever doing this and why did I feel so awkward? Oh yeah it could have been the 16 year old boy who rang me out and looked at me, and at that point I made sure to make my wedding band noticeably clear for him to see. I felt like it was a total invasion of privacy, when it shouldn't be but hey next time I'll make sure I go to stop n shop self checkout style!

I didn't want DH to know I bought the test because if it was a BFP I wanted to surprise him. Of course, Monday he was home before me so I was in stealth mode trying to get into the bathroom with the test wrapped up in a t-shirt. It didn't help that he was in a chatty mood so he was basically walking around while I was in the bathroom trying to engage in convo. And here I am quietly trying to open the test without him wondering what I was doing. The test was simple, pee on the stick or pee in a cup and dip the stick in for five seconds (note: for now on I will pee in a cup first, pee on hands, not pretty!) put the cap back on and wait three minutes. I didn't want to stare at the test so I looked around looked at my phone and then at the end of the longest three minutes of my life, it was BFN. I was disappointed but still held out hope since AF wasn't technically due until Wednesday, i thought maybe there wasn't enough HcG since I peed at night and not first in the morning. I never told Matt I tested, again I want this to be a surprise for him and I am so bad at keeping things from him but this I promised myself I would.

So Tuesday came and went, I must have went into the bathroom a MILLION times to check to see and nothing, and then Wednesday came. The day AF was due, and I woke up feeling fine. So now I am really excited. BF kept trying to have me test all day and I didn't because I know my body and something told me to wait. Sure enough around 9pm AF decided to show her ugly face. And here I am no October baby to look forward to, but lucky enough to know that my cycle has stayed the same which gives me hope that we can possibly look forward to a November baby!

So my goals for the next week: buy ovulation test strips so we can be more accurate, continue to track online, and continue with the prenatal vitamins. I have my appointment with my new OB-GYN on February 24Th and I am excited to get as much input from her as possible!


Bring on Cycle #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment